chicken, mushrooms, garlic, crispy scallions
Serves: 2 |
Time to Table: 30 minutes |
Calories: 438 |
Protein Category: Chicken |
Excellent Source of:
Potassium, Protein, Vitamin C |
Good Source of:
Iron, Vitamin A
A crisp, minerally Sauvignon Blanc will make this dish sing.
The earthiness of the mushroom compliment the piney hop profile of almost any American Pale.
What is a characteristic you really admire about someone in this family?
1. Prep Chicken: Place chicken in a zip top bag and pound with something heavy to an even thickness (about ½-inch thick). Liberally salt and pepper.
2. Cook Chicken: Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to a large skillet over high heat. When oil begins to shimmer add chicken. Cook, turning once, until chicken is browned and cooked through (about 3 minutes per side). Remove to a plate and cover to keep warm.
3. Fry Scallions: In the same skillet over high heat, add 2 teaspoons of oil and
Π of the scallions. Fry until browned and crisp. Remove to a plate for garnish.
4. Cook Mushrooms: Place skillet back over medium-high heat (don’t wipe out,
you’ll want the scallion flavor) and add
2 tablespoons olive oil, garlic and parsley
to the pan and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
Add mushrooms, ½ teaspoon salt and
¼ teaspoon pepper and remaining scallions to the pan. Cook, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms have browned and softened.
5. Finish Chicken: Reduce heat to medium-low and tuck chicken and it’s juices back into the pan. Spoon mushrooms over and allow to cook for
To Serve: Garnish with fried scallions and serve from the skillet!
Add a handful of arugula to the top of this dish for an extra peppery crunch.
Sure, our TK food containers are recyclable, but we’d rather you upcycle them first. We’re partial to using them to sprout our garden seeds, but we’d love to see how creative
you are! Tag us in your photos. #tklife
Meal added to cart
Product has been removed