tender tilapia, lemon-infused panko topping, asparagus and tomato orzo
Serves: 2 |
Time to Table: 25 minutes |
Calories: 557 |
Protein Category: Fish |
Excellent Source of:
Fiber, Iron, Protein, Vitamin A, Vitamin C |
A bright, fresh Verdicchio will be delicious with the simple white fish.
The orange, citrus, and coriander aromas of a Belgian Witbier complement light, citrus flavors and the sweet, mild tilapia flavor.
Water sprinkler or Slip and Slide?
1. Preheat broiler: Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and coat with cooking spray.
2. Cook Orzo: In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, add water and 2 teaspoons salt. Bring to a boil. Stir in orzo and boil, stirring occasionally, until al dente (about 6 minutes). Drain.
3. Make Breadcrumb Topping: Cut lemon in half. Grate zest and squeeze the juice. Chop the parsley. Heat 2 teaspoons olive oil and butter pats in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add half of garlic and panko. Cook 4 minutes, stirring constantly. Stir in half of lemon zest and parsley. Season with salt and pepper. Remove breadcrumbs from skillet and set aside.
4. Cook Fish: Place tilapia on prepared baking sheet. Drizzle with 2 teaspoons olive oil, half of lemon juice, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Broil 5 to 6 minutes or until done.
5. Finish Orzo: Heat 2 teaspoons olive oil in a large nonstick skillet (the same one used for the breadcrumb topping). Add tomatoes. Cook 3 minutes. Stir in asparagus, remaining half of garlic, and ¼ teaspoon salt and pepper. Cook 3 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender. Stir in orzo, remaining lemon zest and juice and toss well to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
To Serve: Divide fish and orzo between two serving plates. Top fish evenly with breadcrumb mixture.
Be sure to remove the breadcrumbs from the skillet after they have toasted so they don’t get too brown from the hot skillet.
Sure, our TK food containers are recyclable, but we’d rather you upcycle them first. We’re partial to using them to sprout our garden seeds, but we’d love to see how creative
you are! Tag us in your photos with
@terraskitchen and @arecipeforreallife.
Meal added to cart
Product has been removed